Monday, November 29, 2010

Trem update (random guitar post)

It's been all weekend - the long kind that lasts for four days, thanks to Thanksgiving - and Triumph the RG has stayed in tune the whole time, just a little fine tuning here and there. So I can safely say that the tuning stability issue has been fixed. And, per request, I will have pictures of the knife edges posted soon. Hopefully you can see the Chap Stick.

Speaking of tremolos, I've been noticing that I've been getting some hits from people searching for BladeRunner tremolos. I mentioned in another post that I was considering upgrading my Strat with a BladeRunner tremolo, so apparently that's the page people are getting when they Google "BladeRunner tremolo." So there's no way I'll milk this by repeating the words "BladeRunner tremolo" in my post. I'm just not that way.

However, I'm curious to see how a BladeRunner tremolo would work in the Strat. It would be nice to have the option of a working tremolo on it, especially as it has been detuned to E-flat and is now the blues guitar in my rig (Triumph is now my main axe). Perhaps it will be a project for next year.

Yes, Triumph is now my go-to guitar. I can't seem to put it down. It just plays so well and sounds so good. I was afraid all my other guitars would now feel like crap, but I picked up the Strat for a few minutes and it held up well. I haven't played the Les Paul since bringing Triumph home, so hopefully it holds up, too. Keep your fingers crossed.

I also started learning some Dream Theater. I got a tab for "Under a Glass Moon" online and started picking my way through it. The intro isn't bad except for an uber-fast sweep picking riff that lasts for all of one beat. I suck at sweep picking, so that one beat will take me a little while to master. The solo, on the other hand, will probably take me a year to learn. If I'm lucky. I don't know whether to love or hate John Petrucci.

That's all for today. I'll get on those knife edge pics as soon as I can.

Oh, one more thing - BladeRunner tremolo.

2 comments:

  1. WTF is a BladeRunner tremolo? Do you get paid monies for writing this blog? I want to get paid monies for writing! I can opine some pretty inflammatory stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get paid nothing. It's a labor of love. A BladeRunner is a replacement Strat tremolo by Super-Vee. They're supposed to be pretty good, although I haven't seen one in person to make that judgement.

    ReplyDelete