Tuesday, January 19, 2010

No wonder I wasn't getting any comments

Apparently, the folks at Google's Blogger division decided to make a change to the code and, in doing so, screwed up comments for anyone using below-post positioning and image verification. The new format for below-post comments now shows a comment preview along with the image, where before there was no preview. This adds to the length of the post, but the container for the post doesn't change to match the new length, so the box to enter the verification word doesn't show up.

I'm a programmer by day, so I know what it's like to try to implement new features. I also know that new features should be TESTED before being released. I expect more from Google than to release broken code. Hopefully they fix this soon.

For now, I've changed my settings to have new comments appear in a new window (I may experiment with the pop-up window setting if it doesn't get blocked by pop-up blockers). I apologize to anyone who tried to comment in the past and were unable to do so because of the glitch. We now return to your regularly scheduled program.

UPDATE: Pop-up comments seem to bypass Chrome's pop-up blocker, so I've changed to that format. If anyone is having issues with the pop-ups let me know and I'll change it back to full page.

No comments:

Post a Comment