Friday, January 15, 2010

Advertising is a bitch

I really want to try to make some money from this site. In this economy, you have to try to leverage any possible skill you may have in order to make a buck or two. I'm going to use any proceeds I get from this blog for my Recording Studio Equipment Fund, so it's kinda important.

Setting it up is a little more difficult than it looks. Sure, Google's AdSense is well integrated (duh), but the Amazon Associates part is giving me fits. The built-in widgets frustrate the hell out of me because it adds in a very ugly scrollbar to the ads, and it's not even needed. And when I try to add an ad manually, it f's up the template.

So if anyone knows anything about how to get this crap to work well, please let me know.

EDIT: OK, so I overreacted. I guess I just needed to RTFM.

No comments:

Post a Comment