Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My first (virtual) dollar

I'm new to this blogging thing. I'm enjoying the crap out of it, though. I always enjoyed writing, especially when it's about something I enjoy. That's probably why I failed as a newspaper reporter - I just didn't give two shits about municipal meetings or community events.

But this I like. I like music. I like guitar stuff. I like recording, even though I'm no good at it yet. So to me, writing these posts is fun. If I can make money while having fun, even better.

I signed up for Google AdSense, much like anyone else with a Blogger blog, seeing as how Google owns it and stuff. Since then, I've been checking the "Monetize" tab on my blog administration, waiting until the earnings change from $0.00.

They did.

As of today, I can say I've made my first Internet dollar. $1.19, actually.

I thank everyone who visits my site, especially the two people who clicked one of the ads. Because of you I'm $1.19 richer, and $1.19 closer to building my Half-Assed Home Studio.

I promise to try my best to keep this blog up-to-date and interesting. It's fun for me, so it shouldn't be too hard.

I hope it's fun for you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment