Thursday, December 23, 2010

Update: Slow Down Music Player lick naming trick

In my review of the Slow Down Music Player, which I liked a lot despite a few nagging bugs, I commented on the fact that it's extremely difficult to type in a name for a lick without the default text, "no name," becoming part of the name. Well, I found a workaround for that.

What you do is you save the lick first, which will now be named "no name." Then you can edit the lick by tapping the red arrow on the right side and rename it without the headache of the default text.

I found this out by getting really pissed off at it. I added "The Spirit of Radio" by Rush to the player and I was trying to create a lick from the tricky bridge intro and I couldn't name the damn thing. Every time I tried, "no name" would solidify and I would have to clear it out, which would then cause the default, ghosted "no name" text to reappear, then it would solidify again...you get the picture. So after getting to the point where I wanted to throw my iPod against the wall, I said, "Screw it" and saved it as "no name."

For the hell of it I tapped the arrow to edit the lick and I was able to rename it easily. I think the bug happens because there's nothing saved, so the app keeps trying to insert the default text, but once it's saved, it doesn't. The developer should either take out that default text or fix the issue.

With this bug sufficiently worked around, I have no qualms about buying the full app, which I will after Christmas (I have a feeling I'll be getting an iTunes gift card), but I'm still keeping it at four stars until the bug is officially fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment