Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Quick update in another slow week

Things have been quiet here in blogger central for the last few days. I haven't had a meaty post since the Slow Down Music Player review. I wanted to let my faithful reader(s) know that I haven't forgot about you.

So what have I been up to? Well, I've been testing the hell out of the DGW Contender that is now mine. Yes, I bought it. I don't want to give anything away that might be in the forthcoming review, but I couldn't send it back. It already justified its place in my rig yesterday. My wife had a doctor's appointment and I went along, meaning I had about an hour to kill waiting in the car. I had an idea to bring the Contender (I might name him "Shorty") along from the ride, and I'm glad I did. I was able to get a good hour of practice sitting in the back of our Honda CR-V, something I couldn't have done with a bigger guitar. It was a great bonding experience. Nothing is better than when you bond with a musical instrument - it makes it yours, in a more substantial way than when you wrote the check for it.

I'm still waiting on the review until I give it a thorough thrashing, plus I still need to figure out how to make a video for YouTube. It may take me a few weeks to get it all together, but I promise you it will (should) be worth the wait.

I'll also be reviewing the Amplitube iRig I'll be getting for a Christmas present. It'll probably be posted about a week after Christmas to give me a chance to learn it and use it. I'm going to buy the full version of the software so I can have access to all the amp models. I'll also be getting the new Joe Satriani CD, so expect a review of that as well.

That's all for now. Happy guitaring!

No comments:

Post a Comment