Friday, December 10, 2010

Exciting developments

I have some exciting news today. I just received a Durango Guitar Works Contender short scale guitar to review on my blog.

If you remember, the Contender was briefly on the Short List but was removed because I couldn't play one to test it out. I was so impressed with the guitar's premise, though, that I contacted the company and requested to be on the demo list. Lo and behold, a few weeks later, a sunburst Contender shows up on my doorstep. Jimmy from DGW has been great the whole time, and I thank him for the opportunity.

I'm also going to try my hand at a video supplement to the review. I've never done a YouTube video before, but I'm looking forward to trying it out. If it works out well, expect more blog/video reviews in the future.

In the coming weeks, I'm going to use the Contender as my main guitar so I can put it through a complete test. At the end of the test, I'll write the review and film the video. My initial impression is pretty good, though. The guitar is very well made and has solid hardware and pretty good pickups. Plus it's just so cute! It's about 3/4 the size of a regular Strat-style guitar. I'm looking forward to playing it for the next few weeks.

Are you as excited as I am? Probably not, but you should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment