Monday, March 22, 2010

Decreased guitar time = fewer blog posts

This blog will probably be a little thin for the next few weeks. The content of this blog rests largely on my guitar playing, at least at this point in my musical journey, and I'm just not going to have a lot of time in the coming weeks to play.

My wife and I are embarking on a house face lift project as we prepare to sell our old house in preparation for the move to our new house. My guitar time will be seriously compromised. Take this weekend, for instance. All the time I would've spent practicing was used to paint the master bedroom and bathroom. Next weekend, it'll be the upstairs hallway and second bathroom. Then the two back bedrooms the following weekend. And so on until the whole house goes from rental white (the original paint color) to realtor beige (as our agent calls it). Even during the week I won't have much guitar time. After work today, I have to get the master bedroom and bath back to some kind of normal state, which means I'll be spending my time pulling off masking tape, touching up the trim and moving the furniture back to where it belongs.

Am I upset? Not really. Sure I love playing and I'll miss my guitar time, but sometimes life throws you something more important (or at least more timely) and priorities shift. After these next few hectic weeks, I'll have plenty of time to practice again, and I'll be able to do it from my nice new home. Sacrificing some guitar time is a small price to pay for being able to say that.

So for my three or four loyal readers, there may be a noticeable lack of posts for the next few weeks. Don't worry, though. Once I'm back to my regular playing time I'll be boring the Internet with all sorts of blog posts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment