Saturday, October 9, 2010

A drool-worthy addition to the short list

I found another guitar worthy of the short list. In fact, it just might be a favorite. The Ibanez S420. Look at it - it's stunning. It's a little over budget at $499, but wow. It has everything I'd want in a tremolo-equipped shredder - 24 frets, dual humbuckers with coil tapping, thin neck, and a good locking tremolo.

In fact, the tremolo itself is worthy of special consideration. It's Ibanez's zero-return tremolo, meaning that it always returns to zero position when used. It also stays in that position if a string breaks, so no more horrendous cacophony after a break (it's happened to me, so I know how bad it sounds).

I must play one of these. Although, I'm afraid that after I play one, I won't be able to put it back. There's a real good chance that the short list will end here. I hope it lives up to the hype I'm giving it.


No comments:

Post a Comment